As 2017 fades we find that consumers are relying more and more on social proof such as online reviews to make their buying decisions. You know how important your online reputation is for growing your business, that’s why we’re going to show you how to leverage your online reviews to show customers you are the right choice, right now.
Customer Reviews are Even More Important in 2018
Nearly all consumers (90%) look at online reviews when making buying decisions. All the creative marketing and advertisements your money can buy won’t persuade a customer if you don’t have a stellar reputation online where consumers research their purchases.
Putting your reviews and star ratings where people can see them on your website and review sites is a valuable source of highly-effective marketing generated by your customers and trusted by your consumers.
Reviews also give you the customer feedback you need to improve your customers’ experience. A recent study by Temkin Group showed that companies that are focused on customer experience have more than a 16% advantage over competitors in willingness to buy, reluctance to switch brands and likelihood to recommend.
Get Recent Customer Reviews Online More Often
Consumers are researching to find the best services and products, relying on online reviews and ratings to help guide them. With the explosion of mobile web searching and increased development of review apps, consumers are making their spending decisions on-the-go and faster than ever.
Here’s How to Get More Positive Reviews Online More Often
- Have a great service/product and provide excellent customer service. No business is perfect, but if you give your best, customers will recognize it. In appreciation, many will leave a great review where they would have otherwise not reviewed at all. Make a great first impression, follow through on your promises and customers will want to share that experience with other people.
- Make it easy for customers to complete and submit reviews. Keep the review process short and easy. Provide star rating systems and enable comment functions on your websites. Provide links or clickable images directly to your pages on the popular review sites they are accustomed to using such as Google and Yelp. Remember to provide a few options for where they can leave a review for better conversion.
- Make your presence known while monitoring and moderating review channels. Pay close attention to the sites you want your customers to review your business on and ensure a prompt response to issues or problems to handle any negative reviews. Make sure your business is listed on any third-party sites your customers might be visiting. This also applies to major social media sites, as younger demographics tend to voice their opinions on their preferred social media networks.
- Ask for a review and send reminders if you have the customers email address. Some business owners are embarrassed to ask for a review but as the saying goes, “closed mouths don’t get fed.” Be honest and say you are trying to grow your online exposure and reviews really help other customers find your business so it would mean a lot if they could take a minute to leave a review.
- Time your review request promptly after the service or purchase. Your best chance of getting feedback from people is right after the transaction. The longer you wait, the completion rates for reviews quickly declines. If your business captures emails, this is the best way to connect with customers immediately to request a review.
Show Customer Reviews on Your Website
Showcasing reviews on your website not only helps you acquire new customers by detailing what your users love about your business. Displaying a steady flow of recent reviews also factors into showing up higher in search engine results because Google likes fresh content.
Build Trust in Your Business
Letting website visitors see what your customers think about your products and services increases transparency. With so much advertising and marketing forced on us, consumers look for transparency to know who to trust. When your business demonstrates they have nothing to hide, buyers are more open to listening to your message of why you’re the best choice.
Increase Engagement for Higher Conversion Rates
Customers want to see reviews. When they get to look at those reviews to see those reviews on your site, they are more engaged and stay on your website longer. When users stay on your site longer your conversion rates go up. Give your website users what they want by giving them the recent reviews they are looking for.
Keep Fresh Reviews Continuously Posting Online
According to Search Engine Land, 69% of consumers think reviews older than three months are no longer relevant. A Vendasta list of stats on customer reviews shows around 44% of consumers say a review is only relevant if it was written within the last month.
Additionally, how recent and how many reviews are found factor into the reviews algorithm Google uses to rank websites. Businesses that keep a steady stream reviews keep credibility with both consumers and search engines.
Learn How to Leverage Online Reviews to Grow Your Business
Prioritize the process of reputation management to save time, gather more five-star reviews, and gain the peace of mind that comes with knowing you are building and protecting a positive online reputation.
When you know how powerful good reviews are in bringing new customers and increasing exposure, you’ll find that allocating a part of your marketing budget to the professional management of customer reviews through services like Reputation Loop is an easy decision.
USE THESE FREE GUIDES FROM REPUTATIONLOOP.COM TO GROW YOUR BUSINESS
How to Optimize Your Google My Business Listing | 8 Low-Cost Digital Marketing Tactics | Local SEO Checklist: 9 Tips to Get Found Online |
2017 Reputation Management Checklist | Using & Understanding Google My Business INSIGHTS | Local SEO for Brick & Mortar Businesses Guide
About The Author
The post Putting Customer Reviews to Work in 2018 – Build a Better Reputation appeared first on Reputation Loop.
from Reputation Loop http://ift.tt/2lp6edz
via IFTTT From Our Associates at Reputation Loop